AlpsMan Half: from the lake shore to the roof of Annecy!
The AlpsMan Half will offer you the chance to follow in the footsteps of the mythical AlpsMan Xtrem Triathlon course! True to the DNA of the event, the half format will not deviate from the reputation of the AlpsMan: you will take on a demanding course that will take you from Lake Annecy to the summit of the Semnoz. A real mountain triathlon, in a grandiose setting, where race management will be essential to hope to see the finish line.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN FEBRUARY 2023.
- Date: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Start time: 08:30 am
- Starting point: Esplanade of Saint-Jorioz
- Finish: Sommet du Semnoz
- Swimming = 2 km | cycling = 100 km & 1920 m D+ | running = 16 km & 1300 m D +
The courses may be modified by the organization on the day of the event for safety reasons.
FRIDAY, JUNE 2
- 01:00 pm - 6:00 pm : Number pick-up at the esplanade du lac in Saint-Jorioz
- 04:00 - 06:00 pm : Drop off of personal bag ARRIVAL SEMNOZ at UCPA
SATURDAY, JUNE 3
- 06:00 - 07:00 am : Half bibs collection
- 06h00 - 8h00 am : Opening of the transition area to drop off your bike
- 06:00 - 8:00 am : Drop off of personal bag ARRIVAL SEMNOZ at UCPA
- 08:10 am: Briefing of the Half Triathlon event
- 08:30 am : Start of the Half Triathlon
- 01:15 pm : Estimation : 1st arrival at the Semnoz summit
- 03:00 - 09:00 pm: Opening of the transition area to collect your belongings.
- 07:30 pm: Stopwatch
- 08:30 pm: Prize-giving ceremony
The regulation is under construction...
Paths and profiles
08:30 am - Early in the morning, from the beach of Saint-Jorioz, you will dive into the crystal clear waters of Lake Annecy to do two 1 km loops with an Australian style exit. The atmosphere at the lake will carry you and give you the strength to face the rest of this course which will not give you any gifts.
Mass Start: 08:30 am
Time barrier: 09:30 a.m. (Out of the water)
True to the DNA of the AlpsMan, the bike part will not spare you. Once out of the transition zone, you will head for the Col de Leschaux via Entrevernes. This climb in two stages will get you in shape for the rest of the course. Once you have passed this first pass, you will ride to Saint-François de Sales, Aillon-le-Jeune then Lescheraines. From this point, you will only have to go down to Saint-Jorioz to reach the transition zone and start the running part.
Time barrier: 11:15 am. at Lescheraines
Time barrier: 03:00 pm at the exit of the bike park
Last part of this Half like AlpsMan: the run is a dry climb of 16 km. From Saint-Jorioz to Monnetier, you will start with three kilometers on the flat, just to stretch your legs a bit. Then the slope will slightly slope over the next six kilometers until La Bauche. A small flat section will allow you to catch your breath before entering the heart of the matter. The last six kilometers will be uphill only until the finish. For some of you it will be a formality, for others, a real way of the cross. From Saint-Jorioz to the top of Semnoz you will accumulate 1300 m of D+ on 16 km, to become a finisher of the AlpsMan Half Triathlon, that is deserved.
Time barrier: 07:00 pm (stopwatch at the finish)