Middle of Lake Annecy (boat transfer from the lake esplanade in Saint-Jorioz)
Summit of Semnoz (TOP finishers) and on the esplanade of the lake in Saint-Jorioz (LAKE finishers)
|Club rate: 20 € discount for 8 people or more|
AlpsMan, the extreme challenge
Enter the legend by participating in the race that will shake up the world of outdoor sports. An extreme triathlon, XXL format, in an exceptional site, around Lake Annecy. The AlpsMan is an invitation to dream and an intense and unique experience to become the Iron Man and join the "elite" of outdoor sports.
Find the Event Book for your race here.
Paths and profiles
Exclusive in France, the AlpsMan Xtrem Triathlon starts with an intense adrenaline rush with a night boat departure. The participants will board the Libellule, a cruise boat, to reach the center of Lake Annecy between the bay of Talloires and the castle of Duingt. After a boat ride in a hushed atmosphere, the boat stops and the participants jump off one by one to reach the starting line. The top start of this day will be given at 5:30 am and the triathletes will dash in a blue and limpid water for 3,8 km of effort. They will leave on the beach of Saint-Jorioz to go to the bike transition zone on the esplanade of Saint-Jorioz.
Dismissal time: 7:30 a.m. - after this time, participants will not be allowed to ride their bikes on the course
The athletes will have to face a demanding course in the heart of the Bauges with a start and finish on the beach of Saint-Jorioz. A route promising beautiful passages at the top of the Semnoz and in the Bauges. You will have to cover 180 km and face more than 4000m of positive altitude difference to hope to start the running part. A real journey that will delight mountain bike specialists.
To ﬁnish in beauty, the race course offers an exceptional finish with 3 common loops to be completed until the point "Le Tournant" Km24,6. At this point, only runners arriving before 5:30 pm will be able to climb to the top of the Semnoz to become TOP FINISHER. The other competitors will finish the marathon by doing 2 additional loops with passages along the lake and on the bike path for an arrival in the village of Saint Jorioz and will be LAKE FINISHER.
Download the GPX LAKE FINISHER Trace
- Date: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Departure time: 5h30
- Start point: middle of Lake Annecy (boat transfer from the lake esplanade in Saint-Jorioz)
- Finish: summit of Semnoz (TOP finishers) and on the esplanade of the lake in Saint-Jorioz (LAKE finishers)
- Swimming = 3,8 km | cycling = 183 km & 4000 m D+ | running = 42 km & 1340 m D+ (Top finishers) - 28 m D+ (Lake finishers)
The courses may be modified by the organization on the day of the event for safety reasons.
FRIDAY, JUNE 2
- 01:00 pm - 06:00 pm: Opening of the partners' village and withdrawal of race numbers at the lake esplanade in Saint-Jorioz.
- 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm : Opening of the transition park (beach of St Jorioz) - Bikes must be dropped off before 06:00 pm.
- 01:00 pm - 06:00 pm: Drop off of personal bags CAP/RUN/UCPA, VELO/BIKE, and SEMNOZ ARRIVAL at the UCPA
- 06:30 pm : General briefing of the event
- 07:00 pm - 08:30 pm: Dinner at the AlpsMan village
SATURDAY, JUNE 3
- 03h45 - 5h15 : Opening of the Bike Park - Transition : no bike drop off in the morning. Access only for verification.
- 03:30 - 4:00 am : Deposit of the CAP/RUN/UCPA cash box and the personal bags BIKE/VEHICLE and ARRIVAL SEMNOZ at the UCPA
- 4:10 am: Boarding of the Xtrem participants on board the Allobroge.
- 4:25 am: Xtrem participants board Belle Etoile
- 4:40 am: Xtrem participants board the Cygne
- 05h10 : Arrival of the boats on the starting line and launching of the participants
- 05:30 am : Start of the Xtrem Triathlo
- 9:00 am - 8:00 pm: Opening of the partners' village.
- 4:30 pm : Estimation : arrival of the 1st Top Finisher at the Semnoz summit
- 05:30 pm : Closing of "the Tournant"
- 7:00 pm - 12:30 am: Opening of the transition zone to get your stuff
- 10:45 pm : Closing of the LAKE loop
- 12:00 am : Stopwatch.
SUNDAY JUNE 4TH
- 09:00 - 11:00 am : Bag collection at the UCPA building - Instructions
- 12:30 pm : Meal and prize giving at the AlpsMan village
Welcome to an exceptional site
What better playground for an XXL triathlon than Lake Annecy and its environment?
It had been our dream for several years to have an extreme déﬁ here, where courses through breathtaking landscapes, great performances and strong emotions would leave a lasting impression on the participants of the AlpsMan Xtrem Triathlon.
A site known internationally for the beauty of its harmonious landscapes but also for its favorite playgrounds for sportsmen.
Lake Annecy will be the scene of a unique race start on board a boat! Participants will dive into the middle of the lake, classified as the purest in Europe, and then cycle through a real mountain stage, before admiring the panorama of the "blue lagoon" and its grandiose landscapes! Inﬁnder, the marathon will take runners on a course tailor-made for a breathtaking ﬁnish at the top of Semnoz for the first and in the village of Saint-Jorioz.
AlpsMan, the one-day trip through the unique landscapes of Haute-Savoie, an unforgettable experience.